Posted to alt.home.repair

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

I guess the federal EPA must be dumb, because using the OBD is
acceptable to them. The car is constantly and closely monitoring
itself as the car is actually drive, so why exactly do we need
a dyno? We had the dynos here in NJ for a few years, the system
cost hundreds of millions, was a complete fiasco, there were huge
lines waiting for inspection because of the time it took, etc.
In just a few years they went to the scrap heap.

this proves the EPA is not dumb.

They got their buddies selling dynos to be rich.

and now they are doing the same thing by "defining" CO2 as "pollution"

Dumb like a fox. Follow the money.

Mark