Posted to alt.home.repair

Default [OT] Pink RV antifreeze in car radiator

On 9/21/2015 12:28 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got some pink RV water line anti freeze.
Says not to use in auto radiator / cooling
system. Anyone know why this is? I did a web
search. One site says it eats aluminum,
another says no additives.

Anyone want to share the real reason, and
a web site for reference?

The simple difference is RV one only concerns freezing
Auto. one is both freezing and boiling under pressure.
And different chemical dealing with metal, alloys, etc.

The RV usage is mostly tubing, and little metal
contact. Wonder if that has anything to do with
it?

--
..
Christopher A. Young