Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 10:48:11 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 06:06:55 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

In article ,

says...

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 09:28:59 -0400, Jack wrote:

On 9/18/2015 2:17 PM, krw wrote:
On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:58:13 -0400, Jack wrote:

Some, particularly hobbyists, don't mind paying $650 for a shop vac,
and in fact, many insist on having the most expensive product made.
Festool, imo, is aiming directly at that market, and the fact Festool
doesn't allow their stuff to be discounted by the retailer fits that
model.

Your opinion is wrong, of course.

Of course, because you say so right?

You've been told why but would rather stick with your delusions.

I actually took the time to ask a
bunch of people in the business, and not one, not ONE used Festools.

And you know at least two here who do.

Some didn't even know what they were, and it's what they do for a
living. Others simple said they are far too expensive. For a closer
view, here is what one of our own (nailshooter) just said:

"Agreeing with you Karl, finding he exact fit of
price/utility/performance is the real key to what a tool is worth.
Excepting you and Leon whom I know both use your Festool(s)extensively
and constantly, _I know of no one else that does._"

I may have a few Festools but it's not because they're expensive. Most users are *not* hobbyists.

And what exactly is your profession, or are you a hobbyist?

Yes, if you'd read this thread you would have known that.

A reponse worthy of any Presidential candidate. (Note that that is not
praise)

Are you really dumb enough to believe that Presidential candidates
tell us the facts?

Drink your coffee, let it hit, then reread the paragraph to which you
responded and the one before it.

I suggest you do the same, except this time use more brain and less
chip, if you're able.

plonk