Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_6_] krw[_6_] is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:34:32 -0500, Leon wrote:

Jack wrote:
On 9/18/2015 2:04 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/18/2015 10:58 AM, Jack wrote:
On 9/17/2015 9:36 PM, krw wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:15:04 -0400, Jack wrote:

It's not that their stuff isn't good, it certainly _should_ be, but,
again, imo, the difference between a quality saw, vacuum, drill and the
price Festool charges is insane. Tradesmen generally don't buy festool
stuff either, not because it's not quality, but because it costs too
much, and they can get more bang for the buck with good quality stuff
that costs considerably less, particularly if they are not the only guy
using the tools.

AAMOF tradesmen were using Festool long long before Festool became known
to the general hobbyist such as yourself.

I'm sure, but I've never seen them used on a job site, and I asked around
once at a local club with around 10 professional tradesman, all in the
business for many years, and not one of them owned or used any festools,
supporting my view not many tradesman use Festools, choosing to use
cheaper, high quality tools.

Well you simply have not been to the right job site. I have never seen a
Porter Cable circular saw, Milwaukee router, Makita plate joiner, Bosch
circular saw, or a Harbor Freight drill used on a job site either. That
does not mean that they are not there. If a tree falls in the middle of
the woods and nothing hears it, did it make a sound? Yes.
The fact that you or I have not witnessed something does not mean squat.

I talked with ten hobbyists, too, and none of them used Festools. It
seems that no one uses them.

I have worked on many job sites and ben on many. For the ones that I have
worked on, I was not the only one using his own Festool tools.

I suspect most Festool users are general hobbyists, with oil wells in
their back yard, like yourself. "Look at me ma, I'm using a Festool,
y'all know what this thing cost?"

I suspect that you are only around mostly hobbyists. We who earn a pay
check with our tools do not make that type of asinine comment. If I were
not designing and selling work and or building and installing kitchens sad
bathrooms I probably would now own ant Festool's either.

I'm sure some professionals, that mostly work alone, own Festools, they
are supposedly top quality, as they should be considering the price. I've
just never met one, or talked to one, or walked past one. Rockler sells them though.

On this group you have talked to at least two but are too damn stubborn to
admit it.