Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default EPA caught VW cheating - how does the car know it's being tested?

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 18 Sep 2015 22:45:53 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 9/18/2015 8:19 PM, Ewald Böhm wrote:
Apparently Volkswagen/Audi cheated on the USA emissions tests since
2009 to 2015 by turning off the EGR to lower nitrogen oxide emissions
ONLY when the car was being tested for emissions.