Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator circuit board repair for GE

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 6:40:41 PM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 9/19/2015 5:45 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 16:55:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Does anyone out there know of a board repair
service, or do we just pitch em out and sell
the customer new ones?

Some shops suffered from the Tsunami in foreign lands (Japan).

CY: Right, Japan made anything is hard.

Supplies are / can be hard to find. Did the board take a hit from an
electrical surge?

CY: She says they frequently get power outages, as
many as 20 per day where they are.

If you replace the board yourself, do you get a
warranty?

CY: Parts house gives out one year on mfg defects.
Today was a 2002 model refrig which might be on
original board.

I'm still chasing down an ice maker issue. The wife is
driving me bonkers

CY: Start a thread, here. We might be able to help.

Who repairs the boards, now days?

CY: One computer repair man friend of mine.
I know a broadcast radio engineer who used
to, but he's got eye problems.
-
.

Me and the guys would add surge arresters to the HVAC and other appliances for customers living in rural areas who were having damage due to power surges. One thing we recommended was the meter base surge arrester available through the power company. Perhaps surge arresters would could help your friend avoid future problems? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Surge Monster