Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator circuit board repair for GE

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:55:44 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Years ago, GE started providing circuit board
with some refrigerators. And they had a lot of
bad ones. Some just had a burnt or cold solder
joint. I've given a couple to a computer repair
man I know, who has reworked the solder joints
for me. And a couple came back to life.

Does anyone out there know of a board repair
service, or do we just pitch em out and sell
the customer new ones?

There used to be someone on Ebay who would fix
the range timers/clocks. They'd send a rebuilt one
and the customer would send in the core. It was like
starters and alternators from the local parts store.
No idea if some one like that is online or Ebay
for circuit boards.