Posted to alt.home.repair

Default refrigerator circuit board repair for GE

On 9/19/2015 5:45 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 16:55:44 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Does anyone out there know of a board repair
service, or do we just pitch em out and sell
the customer new ones?

Some shops suffered from the Tsunami in foreign lands (Japan).

CY: Right, Japan made anything is hard.

Supplies are / can be hard to find. Did the board take a hit from an
electrical surge?

CY: She says they frequently get power outages, as
many as 20 per day where they are.

If you replace the board yourself, do you get a
warranty?

CY: Parts house gives out one year on mfg defects.
Today was a 2002 model refrig which might be on
original board.

I'm still chasing down an ice maker issue. The wife is
driving me bonkers

CY: Start a thread, here. We might be able to help.

Who repairs the boards, now days?

CY: One computer repair man friend of mine.
I know a broadcast radio engineer who used
to, but he's got eye problems.

-
..
Christopher A. Young