Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default refrigerator circuit board repair for GE

On 9/19/2015 1:55 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Years ago, GE started providing circuit board
with some refrigerators. And they had a lot of
bad ones. Some just had a burnt or cold solder
joint. I've given a couple to a computer repair
man I know, who has reworked the solder joints
for me. And a couple came back to life.

Cold solder joints can easily be reworked. Just
reflow each joint on the board. Most boards are
single sided.

Does anyone out there know of a board repair
service, or do we just pitch em out and sell
the customer new ones?

Rule of thumb is discard if $100. I'll do
labor intensive repairs for friends/colleagues/myself.
But, if it's going to be billable hours, I just tell them
to replace.