Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Blake[_2_] Roger Blake[_2_] is offline

Default AAA auto club

On 2015-09-19, Don Y wrote:
*This* is the clincher! folks who voluntarily GIVE AWAY information!

That's it. Obviously if someone thinks I'm interesting enough they'll
be able to do some digging and put some things together. I'm not going
to willingly hand over the info though, whoever wants it is going to
have to work for it.

Buy a car, own real estate, get a divorce, have someone name you
in a lawsuit, have a driver's license, accept a package from UPS/FedEx,
win an award/honor, participate in a charitable organization,
own a business (or be an officer of any institution), etc.

For those sufficiently serious about it there are ways around that
too with dummy corporations, holding companies, etc. They can be
penetrated of course but someone will have to work at it.

[The last part being relatively easy -- I don't try to be "anonymous";
rather, I just want to be "hard to contact". E.g., list your phone
under a different name, use a *private* postal box (not a POBox as those
have rules regarding how the information can be disclosed)]

Pretty much the same thing I'm after. I'm not naive enough to think
that nobody would be able to put some pieces together. I just don't
hand it all over on a silver platter.

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com