Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Saturday, September 19, 2015 at 1:17:37 PM UTC-5, wrote:

... there is MUCH more to a straight, smooth cutting track saw than just the blade.

The key to a perfect cutting track saw is the arbor alignment.

.... the impact bent the table about 1/16" out of true 90 degrees with the blade.

My 2 relatively new ($200+ each, Makita 5007F & Bosch CS20) circular saws are both out of alignment (2-3, maybe 5 degrees), as Robert describes, and this misalignment started shortly after I bought them.

For some of my rough stuff, alignment doesn't matter a great deal, but it does matter with 75% of my cutting. I hate having to try to readjust the alignment. Lasts for a little while, maybe(!!) a couple of weeks, then it's out of whack, again.

I haven't abused the saws, either, so it didn't take much for them to become misaligned. I would have thought these saws would have been much sturdier, much better in not misaligning themselves, so readily.

My 30 yr old Craftsman (Which finally burned up) and an old Skil, which these new saws replaced, surely didn't have this issue. Frankly, I had never had an issue, as this, so when it showed with the new saws (heavy duty, expensive, surely top of the line), I had no idea what was going on. I had assumed the saws had a factory defect, of some kind.

The Bosch is so unreliable, I don't think I've tried using it in over 2 years.

Sonny