Tom

Default Band saw recommendations

Bill wrote:I'm willing to part with up to $300 for a decent bandsaw for
hobbyist use.
It will need to saw slabs out of logs and cut bowl blanks for turning.
Nothing fancy, but I think I need good height, good throat depth and
decent horsepower. Probably little to no finished edges.

Does any one care to share their recommendations?

Bill

Sure, Bill. There are some 14 inch Taiwanese clones that might be had for
around that price, or a little less. But then again, Woodcraft is supposed to
be carrying the Rikon 18 incher, soon. Tom
Work at your leisure!