Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dry time for coats of spray paint

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 07:18:56 -0700 (PDT), gary
wrote:

I just bought a new, outside rearview mirror for my car but I need to spray-paint the mirror before I bolt it to the car door.

The directions on the spray cans of Dupli-Color Perfect Match paint say to allow "sufficient" time for the paint to dry between coats.

How many minutes/hours of dry-time should I allow between:

* each coat of Scratch Filler Primer

* the last coat of the primer and the first coat of the color paint

* each coat of the color paint

* the last coat of the color coat and the first coat of the clear coat

* each coat of the clear coat

* the last coat of the clear coat and installation.

Thanks,

What is the type of paint and the weather? Lacquer on a hot sunny day
will dry almost instantly and enamel on a cold, damp dreary day may
take over night.