Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia[_10_] Jeff Wisnia[_10_] is offline

Default AAA auto club

bob haller wrote:
I have been a AAA memberfor 40 years. I have always been pleased by their service etc till now..........

i called them twice about some title issues when thinking about replacingmy one van....

wait time on hold both times overa hour and a half..... finally got my questions answered by stopping by one of their stores for lack of a better term. one time they never answered when i finally gave up .

I complained loudly about the rotten service. was told all the AAAsare now owned and managed from california. where they consolidated all their telephone call centers. unfortunately they arent able to answer calls from pennsylvania in a timely fashion. they are attempting to move their phone help back to pennsylvania

what is wrong with america? service is non existent, college grads in suits give the orders how to cut costs while they enjoy all the perks.

in triple aaas case a rep promised me someone would call me back.

not only did they never call me back they tell me theres no way to complain.....

no address no phone number andmany levels you cant get thru to complain

I've been a AAA member for more years than I can remember, but I was
shocked, shocked to discover that they wouldn't tow my disabled car
(transmission failure) from my driveway to a used car place three miles
away willing to pay me an acceptable price for it.

Why? Because I'd taken off the license plates to transfer them to a car
I'd just bought from a dealer to replace the disabled one.

Had I known that in advance I would have had the car towed by AAA before
I took off the plates and transferred them and the registration to the
new car.

Yes, I probably could have "borrowed" the plate from my new car and put
it on the disabled one long enough for AAA to tow it, but I'm still
trying to live as much as possible by the rule, "There is no right way
to do the wrong thing."

So, I paid a private towing company a hundred bucks to put it on a flat
bed and take it to the used car place for me.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)