Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

On 9/19/2015 12:06 AM, Leon wrote:

That sounds right time wise. There are a ton of patents. There is a
long list of them on a label attached to my saw.

They may have a lot of them, but they may be using quantity over
quality. Some patents are easily skirted with a minor design change.

There is a lot of speculation in this tread, but unless you read the
patents and looked to see if Bosch is the same or different, it is
meaningless. Bosch may or may not have infringed, may or may not have
done it intentionally, but they probably have deep pockets too.

I know of a company right now that holds a patent that is being
infringed upon, has been to court, has had it upheld. He anticipates
collecting tons of money, but to date has nothing but tons of lawyer
bills. Some of the companies he went after are already out of business
for other reasons and will never have a penny to give anyone.