Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

In article ,
says...

krw wrote in newspqmva14cik686vlr9h8ogbaunome4m4fg@
4ax.com:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 20:03:25 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

That's the hard part about patent cases - you might think it's
totally different, your lawyers (who aren't technical folk)
might think it's totally different, but will a judge & jury?
Patent cases are notoriously unpredictable.

Exactly right. I read the patents with a reasonably trained eye and
don't see how Bosch can win but I'd never bet on the outcome of any
civil case in the US courts.

Agreed. Unless the court decides SawStop's patents are overly
broad ("a woodworking machine that retracts a cutting tool by
pivoting" is pretty damn broad), and invalidates them completely,
which is possible but not too likely.

Or perhaps Bosch has discovered prior art that would invalidate the
patents.