Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

krw wrote:

Exactly. The saw has hit the market and Gass has sued. Check back in
two to five years and we should know the rest of the story. Until then
no one knows what a mess the courts will make out of the situation.

Correct.

I think the deal is the most likely scenario but there is at most four
or five years left on the basic patents. Bosch might even be trading
off some (perhaps reduced by the courts) royalty payment now for a leg
up on the market five years down the road.

That very thought occurred to me. It seemed to me that Bosch and any other
manufacturer could have released a saw 5 years ago, but timing is
everything.

--

-Mike-