Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Pass You Eye! Assembled Table Pics

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 4:28:12 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

I remember that, mostly because Festool does not charge $1000 for that
saw. The bigger corded one is $750.00 including a 75" track and
systainer case. Bought separately the 75" track is $200 and the case is
north of $70.

I find that when someone exaggerates the price this is not all that is
suspect about their comments.

Either way it is a fine saw and system. With its quality of cut it very
well could replace or put off the need to buy a quality TS for cutting.

Ya know, the more you guys speak of, not just Festool, but their track saw, the more I think I'd benefit with one. Aside, I suppose I've made my share of snide remarks, jokingly, relating to Festool.

I often use a circular saw and there are times I wish I had something more convenient for a better job, a better cutting method, more accuracy, etc., especially with the work at the farm. I can't conveniently bring a table saw to the farm, and I'm becoming more convinced the track saw would do wonders for the ongoing work, there. A circular saw is not always the best saw for applications, there, and $750 is economical, in all respects, for the farm application. I'd probably leave it there, permanently.

My only hesitancy is with others not taking good care of the tools, as I take care of them. If I'm not there to watch over them, they'll abuse stuff..... *if and when they decide to try to do something productive, **for a change.

More rant: A set of decent saw horses, at the farm, would do wonders, also, and I'm sure would accommodate a track saw. The present saw horses were made by a nephew and are pitifully inadequate: Poor construction and 20" tall. What was he thinking?!! Sometimes, the woodworking sense, I try to instill in them, just doesn't seem to be getting through. But, at least his efforts were a try, at saw horseing.

Sonny