Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

John McCoy wrote:

Agreed. Unless the court decides SawStop's patents are overly
broad ("a woodworking machine that retracts a cutting tool by
pivoting" is pretty damn broad), and invalidates them completely,
which is possible but not too likely.

That's actually what I've been thinking. I've not really dug into the
patent, and I'm not sure I'm really capable of doing that properly, but I
have long wondered if Gass simply went overly broad in his patent, and that
it would not stand up to a test in court. I guess we'll see...

--

-Mike-