Grunff

Default interior Painting newly built house ?

Lobster wrote:

I'm just wondering, is the all-curing PVA really appropriate for this
application? I ask because I have recently had a whole house skim-plastered,
which I followed up by painting the lot with 1:4 PVA prior to applying vinyl
silk emulsion which I'm now doing. However, the PVA'd walls are now quite
shiny and impervious and I have to say I'm a bit concerned how the emulsion
is adhering to its substrate; doesn't seem that great to me. I'm worried
it's all going to fall off. Previously I've used dilute emulsion to prime
the plaster, which seemed to work better TBH.

Blasphemy! Stoooone him!!

I suspect you may have used it too neat. I wouldn't personally PVA fresh
plaster, not really much point. Some people like to apply watered down
emulsion first, I just paint it. Never had problems doing it that way.

As for this situation, powdery surfaces are a real nightmare, and really
the only way to cure is to stick it all together. PVA will do this well.

--
Grunff