Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Chainsaw bar oil (is motor oil ok in a pinch or does it ruin the chain)?

On Fri, 18 Sep 2015 03:36:06 +0000 (UTC), Ewald Böhm
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:28:04 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

You can sharpen a chain that was in the sand in a couple minutes.

I find it cheaper to just replace the chain, than to sharpen it myself.
It costs about $25 to replace. About $30 to have sharpened.

I would rather spend a few minutes with my Dremel than spend $25 and
take the saw apart every time I cut a palm tree.
Sometimes you may be sharpening twice on one tree.