Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sanford Surface Grinder

On 2015-09-17, wrote:

Thanks for the serial number! Your grinder was made in 1951.

So I was ten when it was made. :-)

At serial
number 1511500, the factory made the switch to the 202 model bearings,
so unless yours has been upgraded, the bearing numbers I mentioned in an
earlier post won't work. The upgraded spindle housing does not have an
oiler on top, as the 202 bearings are sealed.

This one had an oiler -- and I replaced it with one of the drip
type oilers which can be shut off when I'm not using it.

So -- the 202 bearings also will not work in the existing
spindle at all? Did you say something about others which could be
substituted in the existing spindle?

Thanks,
DoN.

--