Posted to rec.woodworking
John McCoy John McCoy is offline

Default Bosch Reaxx Table Saw

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 9/17/2015 3:03 PM, John McCoy wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 9/17/2015 11:08 AM, John McCoy wrote:

No, krw is right here. You can't sue for infringement of patent
until the infringing product is on the market. Now that Bosch's
saw is on the market, and SawStop has responded by filing suit,
the patent can be tested in court.

Understood. But has Sawstop Responded?

Thought they had...yeah, Google says they sued back in July.

Humm, maybe the saw has been for sale longer than I expected. I thought
it had only been available very recently. Do you know what the result
of the suite was?

It's only September, for heavens sake. They filed in July,
there's not likely to be a result for a couple of years.
At this point the lawyers probably haven't even exchanged
phone numbers.

John