Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default Aluminum V-Belt Speed Reducer Ultra Light 'Auto' Engine'Airplane' Propeller

On Friday, July 9, 2010 at 10:02:05 AM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Tim Wescott fired this volley in
news
But it's not the NTSC that brings liability suits. It's the relatives
of the deceased, and the ambulance-chasers who find them.

True enough, but it's already a precedent that anyone who (yes,
illegally, Clare) modifies a certified plane or builds an experimental is
entirely responsible for any ill that befalls him/her in that aircraft.
The courts have taken the stance over and over that if you jump off that
roof, I'm not responsible just because I built the roof you decided to
commit suicide from.

And Clare... if you modify a certified aircraft, you aren't illegal if
you pull its certification and have it re-inspected as an experimental
(or have the modifications subsequently certified). Had a friend who
used to modify DC-3s and C-47s for a ten foot cargo door in the side.
(which was a MAJOR chop-job to the airframe) Since he was selling them
to Columbians (for _cargo_... now, what were you thinking!) ...

Well, I'm sure they say the same thing about pilots in Florida too, now don't they?