Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tiny screws in eyeglass frames

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 5:13:27 PM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:
gary wrote in
:

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I was able to loosen the screws just enough to get the lenses
out of the old frames and put the lenses in to the new frames
without removing the screws and having them disappear into the
carpet never to be found again.

Always do such work over a table or countertop so that if you drop a screw you'll be able to
find it easily.

I'd always lay a white towel or washcloth on my work table whenever I was working on something that was held together with tiny screws. Tiny screws and parts won't bounce or roll off the terry cloth. Another thing I used to do when repairing a lot of stuff was to use a muffin pan for separating the different screws and parts during each step in the disassembly process. The pan works well to hold the different parts when building an electronic project. One thing about the pan though, think about some double stick tape under it to hold it in place on the workbench in case you're clumsy, like me. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Muffin Monster