Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "[T]he right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited."

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 11:13:43 -0500, RD Sandman
rdsandman[remove]comcast.net wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote in
m:

On Wed, 16 Sep 2015 06:43:47 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"ĄJones" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 15 Sep 2015 20:12:17 -0400, in talk.politics.guns "Jim
Wilkins" wrote:

If we all have guns you are back at verbal discussion.

Yup. And we kill about 30,000 people a year in our
"discussions".

Jones

"We?" Do you deal drugs?

If we all have guns, some of those "we" people discuss with
bullets
and kill a lot of the other "we's."

Not 30,000.

Are we negotiating over numbers? g

You know what I'm saying, RD. If we all have guns, we don't all
decide
we'll "discuss things," contrary to what Jim (I think) says. That's
spinoff from Heinlein's brainless assertion, "an armed society is a
polite society," which is demonstrably a pile of bull****.

If that were true, we wouldn't have the highest gun-crime rate in
the
developed world. Some people -- quite a few, some of whom appear in
the news every day -- decide that their guns are for shooting
people,
and they follow through. They show little inclination to discuss
things when they have a gun to do their talking for them.

Let's not get into a silly discussion about this. You know the
facts.

--
Ed Huntress

We know the facts are that the mayhem is concentrated in urban ghettos
that overwhelmingly Democratic city leaders are unable or unwilling to
control, and instead of addressing the problems their bleeding-heart
policies and inept neglect created they scream that rural
conservatives are the root cause of urban lawlessness.

-jsw