Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Thread detour

Gunner Asch on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 17:37:12 -0700
On 2015-09-14, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:39:38 -0500, Ignoramus32337 wrote:

[...]
That optical comparitor went for some serious money. Similar ones
sell here in California for about 1/3rd of that
Gunner
What comparator?
Lot # 98
http://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auct...a-a4f7014d0d9e

I do not see the price on it, how did you find out how much it sold for?
Oh, the auction has prices, sorry, they usually do not provide that inf
$4,124, with 134 bids, as I recall.
Even on Ebay..thats high as hell.
Gunner

I consider all comparators to be garbage , buy them only for garbage
prices.

Why do yo consider a very useful device to be garbage?

Doesn't know how to use one?

Last one I bought for $50 and sold for $700.

Doesnt sound like they are garbage if you can make that kind of
markup.

Kind of reminds me of one of the Freewheein' Franklin Freek
stories. Seems he was down in Mexico, and realizing he was unlikely
to be able to hitch a ride north with long hair, he divests himself of
his stash, and tuck his hair up into his hat. Up pulls a pickup with
camper, and stock blue collar type character (buzz cut, white tee
shirt) driving. After assuring the driver that he did not have any of
that pernicious maryjuwanna on him, Franklin gets a ride. After they
cross the border, 'Buzzcut' apologizes for possibly being unfriendly,
but the camper is just stuffed full of pot, and he didn't want to be
stopped. Franklin thinks to himself "How can this be? He doesn't
seem 'hip' maybe I can score a little," and asks "So, what do you plan
to do with all of that stuff?"
Well, Mr Buzzcut then explains the going rates in various cities
around the country, which causes Franklin some dismay - the man is hip
to the market. Then Mr Buzzcut says "You seem to be the sort who
might be able to answer a question I have about this stuff. Namely -
what is it that you all _do_ with it?"

tschus
pyotr
--