Bob Parker

Default Epson Stylus 500

(b) wrote:

I whole heartedly agree. Been there done that and wasted countless
hours - those printers are landfill material!

My Stylus 500 started producing badly striped images not long
outside its warranty period. I was never able to properly clean its
print head either.
What really annoyed me was discovering that huge absorbent pad
under the mechanism, and how much massively overpriced ink the thing
had pumped into that pad during its unstoppable self-cleaning cycles
it went through every time it was powered up.
This made me vow never to touch another Epson product. I've got a
second-hand HP Deskjet 500 a friend gave me. Only black and white and
very old, but it just keeps on going and going even after refilling it
with non-standard ink twice so far.
If I ever decide to risk spending money on another colour inkjet, I
think it will be a HP.

Cheers,
Bob

Hate spam? Go to