Posted to alt.home.repair

Default All Fired Up

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/14/2015 3:05 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

The meat is done ... the smoker is a Brinkman smoke-n-grill ,
horizontal tube wurh a fire box on the left end , fired with lump
charcoal and a few chunks of Mesquite . I've been using cherry , but
the grocery I buy my charcoal at had mesquite on sale last time I
was in so ... right now the smoker is in "kepp warm" mode , running
around 150° .

You buy wood? No tree trimmers or fruit orchards around?a Trimmings
from a woodworker?

Mesquite is not native to our area . The cherry is from a downed tree on my
property . I also have hickory , black gum (worthless except as a nectar
source for the bees and charcoal for black powder) , red and white oak ,
sassafras (haven't tried it for smokin') , maple , and several other species
.. I have a TLUD charcoal stove , but haven't had the time and inclination to
use it . Last time I tried I got sidetracked and ended up with ashes ...

--
Snag