Al Savage

Default Epson Stylus 500

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:02:05 UTC, (JM)
wrote:

For the people bashing Epson: I have two of their inkjet printers. As long
as I don't do something stupid, they don't clog. Leaving it without any ink
carts is a sure way to clog it. Just leaving it unused for a log time will
clog it. Buddies of mine have Canons, HP, and Lexmarks and they all have had
their fair share of clogging due to extended periods of non use.

The difference being that if an Epson or Canon printhead clogs, it's a
throw-away item (or, at best, a hope-and-pray cleaning). At least with
the (admittedly, not too great either) HP inkjets, you can "merely"
replace the ink cartridge, and you're back in business, because you're
buying a new printhead with the ink.

--
Regards,
Al S.