Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Two PIR sensors to actuate one device

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 22:28:39 +0100, Jim Thomas wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 21:42:11 +0100, Charles Hope
wrote:

In article , Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 21:13:02 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 20:19:12 +0100, ARW
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
Why would you assume they were on the same circuit?

On a installation that meets the IET regs than I would expect them
be on the same circuit.

However I assume nothing as I have seen some right bodge jobs (and
not just from DIYers).

Assuming someone else has done something a particular way is stupid,
which is why you don't. So you've just answered your own question.
It's not dangerous to have two circuits, as people like you check.

You cannot always tell if two circuits are/may be connected together
via bad workmanship unless you have stripped the house apart to check
every last electrical connection.

The best solution is just to wire the job up correctly in the first
place.

As I've already said three times, you walk in front of both PIRs and
make
sure neither make the wiring live.

I have a PIR I walk in front of and the light dosn't activate. Is that a
faulty PIR or a faulty lamp or something else?

You're working on the wires remember. If the meter detects voltage when
you walk in front of it, then it's not isolated. If the meter reads
nothing, there is no live available. Doesn't matter if the PIR is faulty,
there is no power to hurt your wimpy little fingers.

But the fault can be intermittent, so that line can't fly.

Grow a pair of balls.

--
Definition of Necrophilia: That Uncontrollable Urge To Crack Open A Cold One.