Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is it illegal to fit a boiler yourself

On Monday, 14 September 2015 12:21:38 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 12 September 2015 09:29:12 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Friday, 11 September 2015 15:45:22 UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:

I fitted my last one, can i still fit my own?

ISTR there are issues if you fit a boiler for someone else. (ie for money)
But there are no actual laws to stop you fitting your own.
All revolves around competency as others have said.

I had this discussion last year, too much disagreement to come to a conclusin of course. I'm not sure who sets the ;law and whether the law has to be applied.
But when corgi ended and gas safe started the word compendent took on a new meaning, but few understand this.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/competen...person-schemes

which makes almost no diyer competent according to the law's definition, which does not actually mean competent.

NT