Susan Barlow

Default Advice needed Neighbours proposed extension

"Mike Taylor" wrote in
message ...
Your neighbour can build as close to the boundary as the local authority
permits except none of their construction can extend onto or over the
boundary on your side
I am mystified that you say that the proposed extension roof will finish
"under" your eaves. Do your eaves and gutter extend over the boundary? If
not then nor can theirs. If you belive yours do you may not have the

correct
boundary line.

AFAIK the boundary is my mums side wall. So therefore her eaves and gutter
do overhang the boundary, as they do on every house on that row. I've looked
at the identical house around the corner which has had a side extension and
their eaves appear to go slightly under their neighbours eaves.
The roof ridge on these houses goes from front to back (Hope I'm explaining
this properly, would a sketch help?)
The neighbours have also offered to pay for upvc soffits for my mums house,
which to me, implies that there will be little or no access after the job is
finished
Sue B