Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32337 Ignoramus32337 is offline

Default Detroit 6-71

On 2015-09-14, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:24:24 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

But Gunner, let me add just one more thing you apparently ignored.

Say, for grins, that the power factor WAS 0.8 (about normal for ONE motor,
inadequately loaded).

Then the 250KVA generator would be providing a 'useful' supply of 200KW.

That's still a HEAP more than 20 !!

Lloyd, you evidently missed my input there. I'm the one asking how
many horsies it would take to power that head to 20kW, for a normal
handy homeowner's use, so Ig could plug it as a bonus.

"Power it with any xHp motor!"

You can run it to produce 20 kW, but you would likely need an adaptor
plate made, as the 20 kW engine would not have as big adaptor plate as
the 200 kW engine.