Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Detroit 6-71

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:24:24 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

But Gunner, let me add just one more thing you apparently ignored.

Say, for grins, that the power factor WAS 0.8 (about normal for ONE motor,
inadequately loaded).

Then the 250KVA generator would be providing a 'useful' supply of 200KW.

That's still a HEAP more than 20 !!

Lloyd, you evidently missed my input there. I'm the one asking how
many horsies it would take to power that head to 20kW, for a normal
handy homeowner's use, so Ig could plug it as a bonus.

"Power it with any xHp motor!"

--
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.