Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32337 Ignoramus32337 is offline

Default Detroit 6-71

On 2015-09-13, Gunner Asch wrote:
Personally...Id try to sell the entire unit for at least 6 months.
Post the ad and photos on everything from survival mags to city
services and school districts. Have a Detroit authorized guy come in
and give it a good survey and post the results or a link..so there is
no question about its condition.

OK, I will drop it in my yard and will try to sell as-assembled.

Once you pull the engine..that genset becomes..."scrap". Fact of
life. No one is going to stick another engine on it. So keep her
together for as long as you can.

OK, sure, I can sell it "complete or just engine" same price.

The gen end has some scrap value too as it is likely made of copper.