Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Adjacent tiles lift after repair work. Is it malpractice?

On 9/13/2015 5:40 PM, micky wrote:

When I was 9, my father had died and my mother called an electrician
because a fuse kept blowing. He unplugged everything, replaced the
fuse, and went around the house plugging things back in until the fuse
blew again. I thought, "I could have done that!" I suspect my
mother thought the same thing.

It was a great learning experience though. It put you on the path to
independence.

I could probably wire a whole house now, but my dreams of that have
faded the older I get.

It's often easier to do it oneself than just calling around and being
home when they come.

I remodeled two bathrooms in the past year or so and I found it much
easier to write a check that to do most of the work. Arthritis has a
way of doing that. Fortunately, the guys doing the work are reasonably
priced. Ex son-in-law and his friend that does tile work. I paid half
what I'd pay a regular contractor.