Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Detroit 6-71

Ignoramus32337 fired this volley in
:

Lloyd, it has a green roots blower on the side, you can see it. It
ALSO has a turbo on top (you can also see it). You can press the
magnification icons near the photo to magnify it.

Ok... I see it now. It just looked like "background" until I magnified
the picture.

Yes, with both a blower and the turbo, it should be a good motor, and
relatively efficient -- but still check out those bearings in the turbo
(unless you find a customer who already knows and doesn't care).

We ran them in boats with only the blowers, and they were still dynamite
motors with lots of long-term reliability.

No wonder custom-builders still seek them out and refurbish them to "like
new" condition.

Lloyd