Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sc.electonrics.components,als.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
micky micky is offline

Default Connecting computer to DVDR

In sci.electronics.repair, on Sat, 12 Sep 2015 00:13:30 -0400, micky
wrote:

In short,

Is a 50' active (amplified) USB cable with a wireless keyboard dongle
too long to work with a wireless keyboard/mouse?

And, of the two choices:
1) two 50' RCA cables and one 50' S-Video cable. versus
2) one 50' Cat6 cable with an AV balun at each end. (one with jacks for
S-video and L and R audio.)

Which will work better to send the computer image to a TV? What will be bad about the other one? ;-) .

No other choices are possible.

Could I make it 100 feet? Is 100 feet too far for either to work nicely?

Thanks for any heop you can give.

People actually answered me in the other group, but for some reason both
of them deleted all the groups except their own, alt.home.repair. I
rebuked one for violating etiquette and noted the other, but just got a
sarcastic response from the first oneh. Chidren are such a problem.
This make 3 people who have done this lately, all of them on the same
group.

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general added because I think it was a
deleted group in another thread the first time this happened.