Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how much should I be charging for these shared appliances..

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 09:40:40 -0700, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 9/13/2015 11:42 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
"Answer Man" wrote in message
Two water meters and one electric meter. Done!

it will take YEARS to pay for those with the savings to be had by the
neighbor, cutting $50/month down to whatever.

Nah, it is about the same as one visit to the lawyer.
EKM is one outfit that has electric meters under $100.

Watts has a water meter you can get for $60. For an hour or two of time
and less than $250 in material you are set. Now just agree on a rate and
maintenance fund, non-returnable if one party moves away.

you are suggesting submetering. I was replying to the previous posts saying
put this on separate utility company meter.

You can buy a power meter for the well-house too - surplus from the
electric utility is one source - not read or charged separately by the
utility. Determine the cost ratio by the usage ratio (water meters) or
by some other agreed-on formula.