Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Is it illegal to fit a boiler yourself

In article , =?UTF-
scribeth thus
On 12/09/2015 09:29, harry wrote:

The cunning thing to do if you want it checked out is ask someone to do a

routine maintenance on it after a few months.

Or say you have just moved in and want it checked out.

Absolutely.

All this twaddle about "ooohhhh you won't sell your house if the
lawyers.... not signed off blah blah blah"

If someone won't buy your house because they want a ****ificate for
everything you simply tell the estate agent you're taking it off the
market or that you refuse to sell to said purchaser.

If I saw a house I liked I'd buy it. Who gives a fig about whether it's
been done to a particular "standard". Anyone with an ounce of sense can
see if something right or wrong and as you say, simply checking
something out and getting it fixed AFTER it's been purchased.

"oh no I can't buy your house because you don't have an incompetence
tick sheet for your 1970's gas fire/boiler"

I pulled out a solid fuel parkray stove in my first house and fitted a
"living flame" effect fireplace with back boiler. Gas and all. Just
asked a local gas fitter to give it the once over.

Simple.

Round here in Cambridge you don't argue with things like that as if you
did theres plenty of other competing for the same house and if you drop
out not only will it have gone up by several thousand a week or so later
you'll more than likely be out of the housing market anyway!....

--
Tony Sayer