Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default siding on house

On 09/12/2015 11:56 PM, Deodiaus wrote:
I have some siding on my house. It looks like really cheap stuff because after 20 years, it is warping and water damage caused some of the layers to bubble up. I don't want to replace all of the wall. I visited 3 lumber yards trying to match the panels that are on the wall, but had no luck in finding someone who carries the same brand and pattern.
Each panel is made up of a particle board piece made to look as if it were 3 horizontal panels. The piece is about 12 feet long and 1 foot high. I was thinking of cutting a piece of concret board to look like the 4 inch high board and stacking them 3 high. The bottom lip looks as if it has a beveled lip on the bottom.
Do you think I can make the replacement pieces to look exactly like the other pieces that are there? Or is that just too hard to match unless one has serious experience and tools.

Particle board should not be used on an exterior...I'd consider
replacing it all.

If there is just one panel though that needs to be replaced, maybe you
could just replace it with individual boards of the same size as the
fake ones.