Posted to alt.home.repair
John Somerset John Somerset is offline

Default sliding PEX onto compression fitting

On 9/12/15 10:23 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
OK, but I've never heard of using heat for pex. I just tried to find
some information, but I could not find heat being used on a pex fitting.

I found a Flair-It ad on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABX40lp5Vb0

I was surprised at their spelling of "flair." They don't know how to
spell "plumbing," either.

A selling point is that you need no tools. Their connections went
together and came apart so much more easily than in other demos, that I
think they must have warmed the tubing with a hair dryer, if it was PEX.

They made a loop with several connections, loosened the nuts, and
demonstrated that it wouldn't leak at 100 psi. I'd say they slide
together more tightly than other fittings. That could pay off in
environments where nuts might come loose.