Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default One more follow up:

On 9/12/2015 2:04 PM, philo wrote:
Had the whole gang over last night including the $60,000 kitchen guy and people
who had seen his kitchen...I think they were all impressed with our low-budget
wonder.

Congratulations! Though I suspect some of the husbands will start harboring
ill thoughts towards you as their wives pester them with "Why can't WE (which
is code for YOU) do something like that? I'm tired of this old wallpaper
and we could use some new appliances..." :

One of the people there whispered to me that his wife got an inheritance and
the kitchen is where the money went.

shrug Folks have different priorities. One year, I received 48 pounds of
Turkish pistachio nuts for XMAS. By far, the BEST gift!! (despite the
fact that I had nothing to show for it, later)

If I got a $60k inheritance, I still would have done our budget
kitchen....thrown one hell of a party and taken a nice vacation...then invested
the remaining $50k

*Or*, buy 3,000 pounds of pistachios!!!!!

BTW: One guy got drunk and spilled red wine on one the the newly upholstered
kitchen chairs. Though my wife got the stain out she was not happy.

Next time, make a very visible point of serving him WATER! Let others
wonder why (and dare to ask!)

Sheesh...you get a new kitchen with a lot of people drinking and something is
going to happen. This was pretty minor.

One of the women who was over actually has a video of herself setting
firecrackers off on her dining room table. I somehow suspect heavy drinking was
involved.

One wonders hat she'll be naming the newborn, come May...