JURB6006

Default JBL PB12 Subwoofer Amp

They're fixable. Do it all the time.

This thing has a heatsinked component with maybe 18 or 20 leads, actually a
twosided PC in a slot on the main PC which has the coil, rectifiers and
filters. This is a switching amp and I am sure there are not enough conponents
on the main baord to support it, it's pretty much self contained. I think the
main part says something like S186 on it.

This thing is not completely dead, fuses etc are OK. all it does is chirp, in
time with the music ! Even without service info, I think it needs the "hybrid".
The solder connections look good as well.

If you have something to say, please do. This is a nice subwoofer, and it
sounded great on an external amp. If the amp can't be fixed, it will probably
wind up being used that way.

Thanx in advance, and you can't email me yet, post back here if you want to and
I'll fix it. My antispam regimen is very aggressive.

JURB