Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default bleeding rust on Maytag refrigerator door

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015 21:44:01 +0000, Don R
wrote:

replying to Penny, Don R wrote:
wgilbert wrote:

Has anyone experienced rust bleeding through the outer door panel on
Maytag refrigerators? Most noticeable under the ice/water center.
Could you please let me know your experiences and if your problem was
resolved. Thank you.

I have a side by side and door is rusting all the way across below the
ice dispenser as well as about two inches up each side. I purchased in
2011 and kept renewing extended warranties since the ice makes only last a
few years.
I was told the extended warranties only cover mechanical parts and rust is
excluded.

My opinion of Maytag products is that they are not the Maytag that had a
good reputation and I will never purchase their brand again. I have have
a Maytag washing machine that was not satisfactory.
Don

Is there any chance either of you two posters can figure if the seal
or gasket that leaks over a long time, causing the rust on the door?

Rust equal water or water equals rust. Make up my mind.

Any appliance product can fail if not protected from a power surge,
not just Matag products.

Even quality fishing line breaks. You get to tell a whopper about how
big the fish was.