Ron Novini

Default Sony Model KV-32XBR48 slow turn on and flashing video for short period at turn on

Have a Sony Model KV-32XBR48 32" TV with the following problem.
First, it takes a rather long time for the video to come on. On most
Sonys that I have encountered, the stereo indicator light will flash
for about 8 times before the video comes on. On this unit, it takes
about 20 flashes before the video comes on. When the video does finally
turn on, it will intermittently go off (as if the video is being muted)
and on (off for a few seconds, on for longer than a few seconds). It
will cycle through this process for about a minute or two before the
video will finally stay on. I have resoldered areas (horizontal drive,
vertical, power supply) with no change in symptom. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks Ron.