Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Prefab cisterns

On 9/12/2015 7:58 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
Could a group of friends at a hosted party casually stand around NOT
KNOWING
that there was a chunk of plastic under them? Could a future homeowner
(who hadn't seen the excavated hole) set up a spa/hot tub on top of that
area? Could they drive a (loaded) bob cat over it without an
"unpleasant
surprise?

you previously mocked me for saying there were cisterns located in
roadways,
now you are talking about use akin to a roadway.

A spa is hardly a roadway. Nor is it unheard of to have one in your back
yard!

"The question boils down to how *usable* that area above the cistern will be
going forward: walking on it, small groups of people (party-goers)
*standing* on it, etc."

"The question boils down to how *usable* that area above the cistern will
be GOING FORWARD: walking on it, small groups of people (party-goers)
*standing* on it, ETC."
----------------------^^^

No mention of a spa! So, the question boils down to: "what the heck is your
question, dude?"

Are you another one of these folks who is incapable of abstract thought?
Do you have to have every possible contingency laid out for you before
you can make a decision or render advice? Can you not imagine how a yard
is used?

I didn't mention "above ground swimming pool", either! Yet, someone
THINKING about future uses of a yard *could* imagine such a thing
(pools here are IN the ground, not ON the ground). Nor the
motor home, boat, etc.

I dug a 30" dia stump of of the front yard -- with a shovel. It took 7
tons of soil to fill the hole (in addition to what soil I didn't "lose"
in the process).

what a stud you are!

Yeah, all the gals marvel at my physique and intellect!

perhaps the physique.

Oh, you *don't* want to start comparing intellects, little person. :

The fact that you were unable to even IMAGINE the sorts of uses I've
outlined above suggests you're not quite ready for prime time!

(sigh) Don't fret: "I guess you have more brawn than brains. That's
ok, the world needs ditch diggers, too."