Posted to alt.home.repair
taxed and spent taxed and spent is offline

Default Prefab cisterns

"Don Y" wrote in message
On 9/12/2015 6:44 AM, taxed and spent wrote:

Go with a concrete cistern. You value your sleep, don't you.

Seriously, if this is to be put on a small parcel where the cistern area
is
to receive heavy use, buy yourself the peace of mind now and over the
longer
term.

A 2000G prefab concrete tank weighs more than 10T. A plastic one
weighs ~600lbs. Have you considered the shipping costs for the
two options? And, the crane that would be required to lift the
concrete tank into the back yard?

Alternatively, you could build one on-site -- a lot more time
and labor, inspections, etc.

I don't know where you are (hopefully quite distant), but my experience has
been to call up, have a precast Jensen unit brought over to the hole that is
ready and waiting, and they drop it in with their crane that is mounted on
their delivery truck. No fuss no muss. I don't know the cost comparison
(figure it out per year of life), and I don't care about the weight - the
crane handled it just fine. And I do not worry about anything - cars and
trucks (yes, TRUCKS!) drive and park over it. Done.