Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian-Gaff Brian-Gaff is offline

Default Is it illegal to fit a boiler yourself

Hmm, I've known quite a few who have done this in years gone by. Most did
have friends who could inspect their work on the gas side though.
Gas should not be trifled with, which is why I have none in my current
house!
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"TheChief" wrote in message
"Mr Sandman" Wrote in message:
I fitted my last one, can i still fit my own?

Ta

Steve

Were you Corgi registered when you fitted the last one?
If not, how did you decide that you were competent?
AFAIK there has always been a requirement for this work to be
carried out by a competent person although this competence has
not been clearly defined.
Do you know someone who is Gas Safe registered and who will do the
gas element of the install and check other aspects? If so that
is the logical route.
If anything did go wrong in future and you couldn't prove
competence, you could well end up in serious doodoo!
Phil

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/